Tuesday, April 2, 2013

B is for Big Bang



First of all, I thought I'd share a little fun.  Here's a link to the full theme song from the show The Big Bang Theory.  I highly recommend you take the time to listen to the whole thing if you haven't heard it.

Most people know that the Big Bang is the most popular scientific theory regarding the beginnings of our universe.  Here's a brief summary of how we made it from the moments immediately following the Big Bang to today.  Science is learning more every day, so no summary will ever offer a full picture, but this is still a good overview.



Once you posit that the universe started with the Big Bang, the question naturally becomes "What caused the Big Bang?"  This next video looks at why we ask that question and how we try to answer it.



For anyone who wants to know even more and has a little more than an hour to dedicate to it, here's a link to a lecture given by Andrew Lange at UC Berkeley.  There's a lot more detail here and is, in my opinion, relatively accessible for those who don't have a much of a background in science.

11 comments:

  1. Very cool. I always liked the concept of the Big Bang and how all the evidence has been discovered over the years.

    Keep up the great posts!

    Tim
    The Other Side
    Red Sonja: She-devil with a Sword

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really interesting stuff, L.G. Okay, a lot of it went right over my head, but even as such, it inspired some pretty neat ideas! Well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy April, and A to Z Challenge. Thank you for your interesting post for letter B. I found, watching the BBC series, hosted by Brian Cox, where we were able to listen to light from the early universe, was AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! Not sure what it means, but great presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I have just nominated you for the Liebster Award! Please see my current post for the Rules and the eleven questions I want to ask you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I reckon the big bangs a big mystery which is why I love Star Trek so much. The USS Enterprise NCC 1701 is unlocking the universes secrets right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find all this stuff so interesting. :)

    A-Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is completely off topic, but... the Big Ban Theory is playing in the background on my TV.

    Have fun with the a-z challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice post! I love all this stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










    i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete