Monday, April 6, 2015

E is for Emesis


Everyone gather to learn another excellent vocabulary word!

Today's word is: EMESIS

Emesis is defined as the action or process of vomiting.

Reasons to know this word:
-If you spent the entire night puking, you can say that you suffered from acute emesis.  It'll make you sound smart and distract from the gross nature of your nightly activities.
-Apparently this word is most frequently seen in the medical field.  So if you're interested in that line of work, this word is for you!
-Come on.  Be honest.  You want to know every word that describes something gross.  It's human nature.

5 comments:

  1. You are totally right about me wanting to know every word for something gross. I used to look up synonyms of dirty words when I first got a dictionary on my computer (back in the days before Wikipedia).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emesis sounds so much better than puke or vomit. I still don't want to do it though. =P

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you. I have a morbid fascination for all sorts of weirdness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My middle school students are going to LOVE this word!!!

    ReplyDelete