Monday, May 5, 2014

A to Z 2014 Challenge Reflections


The month of April flew by, and it hardly seems like it should be time to write a reflections post already.  Yet here we are.

I successfully completed the A to Z Challenge on two blogs.  I've seen some people do it on 3, 4, or even more.  Seriously, I don't know how they pull that off.  Two blogs made it difficult enough, but I'm glad I did it.  I was also a minion in Alex J. Cavanaugh's Ninja Army, which added to the challenge.  At the end of the day, or the month to be exact, I feel like it was worth it.

My original goal was to complete all of my posts for this blog before the challenge began.  I didn't succeed, but I did have quite a few of them done, and that fact helped me keep up so I was able to post each day without a problem.  I also finally reached the 100 follower milestone, and I was happy about that accomplishment.

I'm grateful to the readers who took the time to leave thoughtful and thought-provoking comments.  I hoped that my posts would inspire people to consider the questions posed to us by science fiction, and I think that happened.  I made some great friends through this challenge, and I'll always be grateful for that.

As a minion, I visited plenty of blogs, though with so many participants, there are many that I haven't met yet.  I hope I can spend some time over the following year going through the list and seeing what my fellow bloggers have to offer.

The 2014 A to Z Challenge was a great experience.  As of now, I plan to participate again next year.

11 comments:

  1. Well done! I got lots more followers although I'm still under 100, so well done on breaking through that barrier.
    I didn't bump into you during the challenge but will go take a look as I love sci/fi and how cutting edge science and sci/fi mix and feed off each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing the challenge and on being a minion.

    Stopping by after the #atozchallenge to check out your reflection post!
    @JLenniDorner

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading your sci-fi posts. I always thing it's sad when people don't like sci-fi...I love all the questions it poses! Thanks for a wonderful theme and I look forward to see what you do in the future.
    ~Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made successfully to the end with your minion duties and own writing. I will return to read at a more leisurely pace when I'm free. www.http://www.writer-way.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on making it! Blogs are always more fun with others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. People are complaining that it was a lot of work doing just one blog. I can't imagine keeping up with multiple blogs every day! Congrats on making it all the way through...and on being a minion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like you, I didn't get a chance to meet that many new people, but I did enjoy the ones I met along the way. I've signed up for the road trip which will give me time to meet others.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your successful A to Z Challenge.

    Have you started planning what you'll do for the next one yet?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm part of a group of team blogs. The team participated with three of our blogs, one of them being KHEL 666 Radio Netherworld.
    I actually didn't end up contributing any posts due to health issues and then having to work extra to pay for those health issues, but I'm trying to help out by visiting participants on the A to Z list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello there.
    Minion or not, your help was really appreciated. Congratulations too on completing the challenge! Thanks for sharing. I'm just stopping by briefly as I try to navigate the twists and turns of the AtoZ Road Trip…don't forget to wave when you see me drive by. (lol)
    Entrepreneurial Goddess

    ReplyDelete
  11. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










    i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete