Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Apollo 11-A Piece of History

Have any of you ever thought it would be cool to look at the rocket engines that blasted Apollo 11 into space? It was, after all, the historic mission that culminated in man setting foot on the moon for the first time.  And anything powerful enough to put a Saturn V into orbit is pretty darn impressive.

Well, you may get the chance to see such a thing.  The founder of Amazon.com Jeff Bezos located the five engines 14,000 feet below the surface of the Atlantic Ocean and plans to retrieve at least one of them.

I hope the effort succeeds, because that's something I'd like to see.  After that I'd like to see us land on the moon again and send people to Mars, but I'm not holding my breath for that one.

1 comment:

  1. How cool! I have been to NASA and saw their rockets and space ships. It was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete