Tuesday, April 28, 2015

X is for Xenodocheionology


Today we have the letter X.  This is traditionally a difficult letter to write a blog entry around, but I think I found a suitably cool vocabulary word for today.

Today's word is: XENODOCHEIONOLOGY

Whew!  That one's a mouth full!

Xenodocheionology is defined as the lore relating to hotels or inns.  You know, the stories about grisly murders, dead bodies. room #1408, and all that.

Reasons to know this word:
-If you ever learn to correctly pronounce it, you'll have truly accomplished something.
-If you ever wanted to try this out as a hobby, it could be quite entertaining.  I'm a skeptical sort myself, but I still enjoy the stories.  A lot of us enjoy a good, creepy story now and again.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea there was a word for that. o.O

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete