Babylon 5 is one of my all-time favorite shows. I've seen the entire series several times through. I wanted to share this video that memorializes all of the people associated with the show who are no longer with us. It's beautifully done, and well worth your time.
Sunday, May 26, 2013
Saturday, May 25, 2013
As a lifelong Douglas Adam's fan, I have to say happy Towel Day!
I'm hosting a Towel Day Blogfest on my writing blog. Feel free to check out my own post honoring the memory of this amazing writer.
Here's a great Google doodle done earlier this year to celebrate what would have been his 61st birthday. Enjoy!
Sunday, May 19, 2013
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
My husband and I recently discovered this site that has videos about how popular movies should have ended. Plenty of my favorite movies are represented there, while movies I couldn't stand are also mocked. I like the mixture of good and bad and the way they have fun with them.
This video presents an alternative ending for Aliens. This is a film I love, by the way. Enjoy!
Monday, May 6, 2013
Mina Lobo at Some Dark Romantic, Julia Stevenson all tagged me for the Liebster Award. The rules are simple.
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
- Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs.)
- Upload the Liebster Award image to your blog.
I'll start with the 11 random facts about myself. I've been tagged three times, but coming up with 33 facts seems a wee bit difficult. So I'll just do the 11 and hope no one calls me a cheater.
- I have a special love for British comedies.
- I have a TARDIS. It's only a bank, and it doesn't even hold that much spare change, but I love it anyway!
- I would love to meet aliens, but somehow I doubt I'll ever get the chance.
- Summer is my favorite season.
- I look before I leap. I used to be more spontaneous, but now I have kids, which motivates me to be a little more careful about things.
- One of my favorite foods to make is chili. Though I may be biased, I think I make pretty awesome chili, and it reheats really well. I think it tastes better as a leftover than it does fresh, and I love that quality in a food.
- I can never find matching socks. I think my sock drawer contains a portal to another dimension.
- Book shopping is way better than shoe shopping!
- I have a BA in writing and philosophy, so I'm good at arguing.
- As I write this, my kids are plotting something. I'm not sure what it is, but it can't be good.
- I'm a bit of a recluse. I love travelling and things like that, but I also value the time I can spend by myself. That's when my best writing gets done.
Now, it's time to answer 33 questions posed to me by three awesome bloggers. I'll start with Mina's questions.
1. Some movies I love are: Harry Potter (the entire series), Star Trek: First Contact, Contact, Deep Impact, Clerks, and Clerks 2. There are a lot of movies I enjoy, but this is a small sampling of them.
2. As for music, I groove to: Rock music, be it soft rock or metal or anything in between. I also enjoy classical music.
3. I rarely miss these TV shows: Right now, I watch Game of Thrones, Arrow, How I Met Your Mother, and Revolution. I also need to get caught up on The Big Bang Theory.
4. I hated these foods when I was a kid, but now I heart them: pickles, corn
5. I like to celebrate my loved ones by: Spending time together over a good meal, or going for a good walk together. The simplest things can be some of the best.
6. Some authors whose every work I will read without fail are: Neil Gaiman, J.K. Rowling
7. These colors make me feel great when I wear them: blue, purple, black
8. I'm always up for a game of: Trivial Pursuit
9. My fave treats from that special someone are: Chocolates and coffee. He knows exactly what kind to get. Years of practice, I guess.
10. I think it'd be fun to try out this job for a day: Motivational speaker. I like the idea of inspiring someone.
11. I really liebe: Writing. That's my main passion in life other than my family. I also love stargazing.
Saturday, May 4, 2013
I love Jurassic Park. When I saw this movie in the theaters as a kid, it launched my love of dinosaurs into the stratosphere. I also admit that I wish I could have seen it in 3D. I guess I still technically could, but the odds of this happening are slim due to real life factors. I just can't get to the movie theater as often as I used to.
Still, even with my love of this film, I thought this trailer was pretty funny when I first saw it, so I thought I'd share it. Enjoy!
Thursday, May 2, 2013
April came and went far more quickly than I figured it would. I'm happy with the theme I chose to do on this blog. Science and promoting science literacy has always been a passion of mine. In a world filled with uncertainty and misinformation (you don't need to go far on the internet to find plenty of that floating around), I think it's crucial to learn to think critically. The scientific method is good at that.
The theme I chose to do on my writing blog was also far more demanding than this one, so I'm glad I decided to balance it out this way. Hunting down the videos I posted here proved to be a good break from writing my serialized story, and I even learned a few things that I didn't know about the cosmos in the process. To me, that's always a desirable thing.
My main goal, however, for doing the challenge on this blog was to get some more traffic here. This is the smaller of my two blogs. I post less often, and I have fewer followers here than I do on my writing blog. I felt like this one needed some more love, and I feel like I was successful in achieving that goal.
Thanks to the hosts for stopping by on occasion and offering support and encouragement. Thanks also to everyone else who wandered here and left wonderful comments. I love sharing things with all of you! Why else would I be here?
I'll probably join in on next year's A-Z Challenge when it comes around. How about you?