Thursday, April 16, 2015

N is for Nihilarian



Here I am again, bringing you another vocabulary word.

Today's word is : NIHILARIAN

Nihilarian is defined as one who does useless work or one who deals with things that lack importance.

Reasons to know this word:
-If you're the person who is routinely relegated to doing the most meaningless tasks during group word because the others don't trust you enough with the important stuff, you now at least have a cool title. When people hear that you're the group nihilarian, they might be impressed.
-You have something to call people who seem to have jobs but accomplish nothing tangible other than getting in the way.  Like all the middle men who only seem to make accomplishing seemingly simple tasks more difficult.

2 comments:

  1. Since I have seniority at my job, I'm the one who makes everyone else do that. >8D

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it seems that I'm the nihilarian at my work. Then I get a paycheck and the feeling goes away until after I leave the bank.

    Jeffrey Beesler's World of the Scribe
    #729

    ReplyDelete