Wednesday, April 15, 2015

M is for Mogigraphia



Are you back for more odd or rare vocabulary words?  Well, if you insist, I can give you more.

Today's word is: MOGIGRAPHIA

Mogigraphia is a fancier term for writer's cramp.  It's also known as scrivener's palsy.  Neither term sounds appealing.

Reasons to know this word:
-If you're a writer, this is a condition you have to deal with from time to time.
-If you have it, you can call in to work and tell them you have a bad case of mogigrahia.  They may be too scared to ask what it is.  After all, it does sound rather alarming and potentially gross,

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure I was a chronic sufferer of mogigraphia when I was in college. I had lovely penmanship before but scribbling notes furiously took care of that. Now with computers, I imagine mogigraphia will soon be eradicated like small pox.
    ~Visiting from AtoZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to avoid mogigraphia. My hands thank me for it too. LOL

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete