Thanks so much to The Geek Twins for giving me all three of these awards! This blog is undiluted awesomeness, so if you've never seen it, you must change that now. Resistance is futile! I was also double tagged for the Kreativ Blogger Award, so a shout out to CaptainSciFi as well!
This is the first time I've ever heard of this particular award, but it looks like fun, so I'll give it a try. For this one, I need to choose posts that I feel best fit into a list of given categories. No easy task, but let's have a look.
- Most Beautiful Piece: Time Lapse View Over Planet Earth
- Most Helpful Piece: The Size of the Planets (Perspective is always helpful, right?)
- Most Popular Piece: ROBOTS!
- Most Controversial Piece: The Enterprise Lands in Illinois! (No Shatner!)
- Most Surprisingly Successful Piece: It Takes a Rube Goldberg
- Most Underrated Piece: Star Trek Tribute
- Most Pride Worthy Piece: Our Spectacular Solar System
Given that this blog is largely a way for me to share the work of others that I enjoyed, I can't take credit for any of the videos or images I listed here. So when I list pride-worthy, I mean the person who made this should be dang proud of themselves.
I also fell in love with this video when I saw that The Geek Twins had a post featuring this video listed as most beautiful. I'd have to agree on that one. So, sorry, but I had to put it here for my own enjoyment!
Now for the next two awards. Since they both require me to share information about myself, I'll condense them and only share 7 facts about myself. Who wants to listen to me drivel on longer than that anyway?
- I've seen every episode of Babylon 5 more times than I can count.
- I fall asleep watching Star Trek on Netflix almost every night.
- My husband has been begging me to get a costume of Princess Leia's slave girl outfit.
- I think almost any story can be improved by setting it in space. Bring on Romeo and Juliet: The Actual Star-Crossed Lovers! (Hmmm, I could totally write that!)
- I love almost every vegetable this world is capable of growing.
- I really, really, REALLY want to go into space someday.
- I think my children will know the names of all the planets before they know how to write the alphabet.
Now for the nomination process. There are supposed to be anywhere from 7-15 people tagged for these, but since I gave some of these away from my other blog recently, that makes it harder for me to come up with that many. So I'll do 5 for now. If I think of more, I may add to the list later. So thos eof you listed here, you're free to take all of them. If you don't, that's cool too. Just wanted you to know you're awesome!
- Belle @ Tales From a 1960's Flower Child (Otherwise Known as Grandma)
- Michael Offut
- G @ Satirical Blog
- Karen Elizabeth Brown
- Christine Rains
That's all for now.