Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Awards!

This is the first time I've received blogging awards for this blog.  My other blog, Writing Off The Edge, usually gets them.  So yay!  Now I'm officially all around awesome.  At least, that's what I'll choose to believe.

Thanks so much to The Geek Twins for giving me all three of these awards!  This blog is undiluted awesomeness, so if you've never seen it, you must change that now.  Resistance is futile!  I was also double tagged for the Kreativ Blogger Award, so a shout out to CaptainSciFi as well!
This is the first time I've ever heard of this particular award, but it looks like fun, so I'll give it a try.  For this one, I need to choose posts that I feel best fit into a list of given categories.  No easy task, but let's have a look.

Given that this blog is largely a way for me to share the work of others that I enjoyed, I can't take credit for any of the videos or images I listed here.  So when I list pride-worthy, I mean the person who made this should be dang proud of themselves.

I also fell in love with this video when I saw that The Geek Twins had a post featuring this video listed as most beautiful.  I'd have to agree on that one.  So, sorry, but I had to put it here for my own enjoyment!





Now for the next two awards.  Since they both require me to share information about myself, I'll condense them and only share 7 facts about myself.  Who wants to listen to me drivel on longer than that anyway?





  1. I've seen every episode of Babylon 5 more times than I can count.
  2. I fall asleep watching Star Trek on Netflix almost every night.
  3. My husband has been begging me to get a costume of Princess Leia's slave girl outfit.
  4. I think almost any story can be improved by setting it in space.  Bring on Romeo and Juliet: The Actual Star-Crossed Lovers!  (Hmmm, I could totally write that!)
  5. I love almost every vegetable this world is capable of growing.
  6. I really, really, REALLY want to go into space someday.
  7. I think my children will know the names of all the planets before they know how to write the alphabet.
Now for the nomination process.  There are supposed to be anywhere from 7-15 people tagged for these, but since I gave some of these away from my other blog recently, that makes it harder for me to come up with that many.  So I'll do 5 for now.  If I think of more, I may add to the list later.  So thos eof you listed here, you're free to take all of them.  If you don't, that's cool too.  Just wanted you to know you're awesome!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! Since I just received some of these awards I will try to carry on with the process next week. It's always an honor to be thought of and to know that others are supporting you.

    I, too, would like to go into space. I would like to live on another planet and travel the stars. ALas, I can only dream...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the awards and thanks for passing them on. I'm trying to teach my son the names of the planets. He knows his alphabet already though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award and cheers for the mention - you're very kind :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well L.G. Ketler looks like you are going to have another Kreativ blogger award because I just gave you one.

    ReplyDelete