Friday, April 24, 2015

U is for Ubiety



I'm back with another vocabulary word for you!

Today's word is: UBIETY

Ubiety is defined as the condition of being in a particular place.  This word is rarely used, which I'm sure many of you might have guessed.

Reasons to know this word:
-If you're in a philosophical mood, instead of pondering the "whereness" of things, you can ponder their ubiety.  Sure, it's the same thing, but one feels more conducive to a philosophical mood.
-It rhymes with words like society, variety, sobriety, impropriety, notoriety, etc.  You could compose a lovely poem with ubiety and a few of these words listed here.
-It's kind of neat when a word with six letters has four syllables.  Or maybe I'm the only one who thinks that way.

4 comments:

  1. That is a cool word. I am going to drop it into conversation today at a meeting and let's see how long it takes for it to get passed around.

    --
    Tim Brannan, The Other Side Blog
    2015 A to Z of Vampires
    http://theotherside.timsbrannan.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds familiar to me, but I don't think I've heard it before.

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is kind of nice to say it. And it's new to my vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete