Mina Lobo at Some Dark Romantic, Julia Stevenson all tagged me for the Liebster Award. The rules are simple.
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
- Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs.)
- Upload the Liebster Award image to your blog.
I'll start with the 11 random facts about myself. I've been tagged three times, but coming up with 33 facts seems a wee bit difficult. So I'll just do the 11 and hope no one calls me a cheater.
- I have a special love for British comedies.
- I have a TARDIS. It's only a bank, and it doesn't even hold that much spare change, but I love it anyway!
- I would love to meet aliens, but somehow I doubt I'll ever get the chance.
- Summer is my favorite season.
- I look before I leap. I used to be more spontaneous, but now I have kids, which motivates me to be a little more careful about things.
- One of my favorite foods to make is chili. Though I may be biased, I think I make pretty awesome chili, and it reheats really well. I think it tastes better as a leftover than it does fresh, and I love that quality in a food.
- I can never find matching socks. I think my sock drawer contains a portal to another dimension.
- Book shopping is way better than shoe shopping!
- I have a BA in writing and philosophy, so I'm good at arguing.
- As I write this, my kids are plotting something. I'm not sure what it is, but it can't be good.
- I'm a bit of a recluse. I love travelling and things like that, but I also value the time I can spend by myself. That's when my best writing gets done.
Now, it's time to answer 33 questions posed to me by three awesome bloggers. I'll start with Mina's questions.
1. Some movies I love are: Harry Potter (the entire series), Star Trek: First Contact, Contact, Deep Impact, Clerks, and Clerks 2. There are a lot of movies I enjoy, but this is a small sampling of them.
2. As for music, I groove to: Rock music, be it soft rock or metal or anything in between. I also enjoy classical music.
3. I rarely miss these TV shows: Right now, I watch Game of Thrones, Arrow, How I Met Your Mother, and Revolution. I also need to get caught up on The Big Bang Theory.
4. I hated these foods when I was a kid, but now I heart them: pickles, corn
5. I like to celebrate my loved ones by: Spending time together over a good meal, or going for a good walk together. The simplest things can be some of the best.
6. Some authors whose every work I will read without fail are: Neil Gaiman, J.K. Rowling
7. These colors make me feel great when I wear them: blue, purple, black
8. I'm always up for a game of: Trivial Pursuit
9. My fave treats from that special someone are: Chocolates and coffee. He knows exactly what kind to get. Years of practice, I guess.
10. I think it'd be fun to try out this job for a day: Motivational speaker. I like the idea of inspiring someone.
11. I really liebe: Writing. That's my main passion in life other than my family. I also love stargazing.